PLEASE READ THROUGH CAREFULLY, AS ALL OF THIS INFORMATION IS PERTINENT TO THE CUSTOM DESIGN PROCESS!
Thank you so much for considering Buttercream Bakeshop for your celebration! In order to move forward with a custom design, there is a $10 custom order consultation fee. The full $10 "fee" will be reduced from the bill should you decide to book a custom cake with us. If you do not decide to book the $10 will NOT be refunded as it will be used to cover the cost of the time taken to discuss your potential order. We do this because each custom cake design takes a significant amount of time to create, quote and invoice. Thank you so much for understanding!
Before moving forward we ask that you do a few things to make the process as seamless as possible. We can not stress enough that you visit our online store HERE before moving forward with booking a custom consultation. We have soooo many fabulous options for classic and theme cakes there many of our customers are able to find the perfect cake there! Once you have done that be sure to carefully read the general pricing information (link below) and all the information about the process of booking a custom cake. As we mentioned, the $10 fee will only be credited if you end up booking a CUSTOM cake. If you ultimately end up booking from our online store/pre-designs or decide not to book at all, we will not be able to refund the fee. Sorry!
Some important information about the process:
1) Custom cake orders must be finalized, fully booked/paid in full no later than 5 days prior to pick up. That said, we will always consider a last-minute request but it may require a $5-10 rush fee. It can take several days for us to research a design concept and create a quote and invoice so please reach out as early as you can to start the conversation! If you purchase a "custom cake consultation" and we are not available due to time constraints, or if we are already fully booked on the date requested, we will let you know within 24 hours and you will be refunded the fee! Business hours for consultations are Monday-Sunday 8am-6pm. We are closed on major holidays and January 1-3. Please expect delays on the weeks of major holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.) Emails received after 6pm will not be checked until the following day.
2) Custom cakes START at around $165 for a single tier cake (serving 24 or less) and around $250 for a 2 tier cake (serving 32 or more). We do not make custom cakes that serve less than 12 slices, although most serve 16 or more. Carved cakes generally serve 30 or more, and start at $350. These are the starting prices - the final price is based on the time the design will take to create and the intricacy of design! For general custom cake pricing please view our "general pricing sheet" HERE! Custom mini dessert orders are priced by the 24-36 piece and the menu can be viewed HERE. The macaron tower and Croquembouche menu can be viewed HERE.
3) Once you reach out you will receive a response, by email, within 36 hours. We will start by gathering information about the design so please be ready with the following information in order to move forward:
- the number of guests being served
- design theme/concept (invitations/books in the theme are usually perfect)
- images of 2-3 cakes you like so we understand the aesthetic
- the flavor of cake you would like (see menu HERE)
- pick up date and time (we also offer delivery in 3 hour windows to THESE zipcodes)
4) After we have gathered this information we will create a design proposal within 24-36 hours. Once you review we will call you for feedback then use that to create one additional proposal with your requested changes. This will be your final proposal. It will include not only a clear description of the cake but also any pertinent images like design inspiration and color swatches. For additional design proposals, we 1charge $10 per additional design revision. Please note- this amount is NOT refunded or credited to your final bill. This is to cover the cost of the time to price out each custom cake element and put it together in a proposal.
Many guests inquire if we offer tastings for custom cakes. For those ordering cakes that are $500 or more we can offer a pick-up tasting option which is $10 and includes 3 slices of cake. We need 3 days notice to prepare the tasting. We also offer 2-3 cupcakes in the shop each day, which is a great way to try our cakes!
Before checking out please fill out the "Date of Celebration" box and give us some general design notes to get us started in the "Cake Design Concept" box so we can put our thinking caps on before responding. When checking out please select the date and pick up time you'd like for your order. Do not add delivery, we will add that to the final invoice!
Looking forward to working with you!